Range RulesOur top priority is a safe shooting experience
Safety is everyone’s responsibility!
If you see someone acting in an unsafe manner, politely mention it to them, referring to the appropriate range rules. Our safety depends on it!
Our Range Rules
- Do not touch firearms when people are forward of the firing line.
- All Actions must be open, firearms unloaded, magazines removed, and the line “declared” safe before going forward. Declaring the line safe means verbally communicating with other shooters on the line and looking to see if all firearms on the bench are chamber flagged and pointed downrange. Remember, the pistol range is unsupervised. Under this circumstance everyone on the pistol range becomes a range officer.
- Be sure to insert an empty chamber flag into the chamber of your weapon, then bench the weapon with the muzzle pointed downrange. The yellow chamber flags are provided on both the pistol and rifle ranges. See images below
- Keep firearms pointed in a safe direction at all times.
- No shooting into the air! All shooting must be into the backstops. No shooting towards the road.
- Treat every gun as if it was loaded.
- No Fully Automatic firearms or Alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- Eye and Ear protection must be used.
- See October 31, 2018 newsletter for photos & instructions to operate the range safety lighting system.
Persons under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult. Clean up your area after use. Clean up involves pulling your targets. Targets, as well as empty cartridge containers and trays can go into the trash buckets along the firing line. If you do not reload your fired cartridges, leave them on the ground. Club members who reload will be happy to pick up your empties. Once again, no shotguns are permitted on the pistol range.